On this episode of Tradeswork: The Rocky Mountain Mechanical Contractors Association Podcast, we welcome Jake Schainost, a 5th year apprentice who works for American Mechanical Services (AMS), whose mission is to provide quality workmanship for a fair price. Their intent is to honor all of their commitments and to strive for 100% customer satisfaction. AMS is a privately owned family of companies providing primarily commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) service and construction work in various locations across the country. Here are some of the questions you can expect to be answered on the show:
- How did Jake find his way to the trades, and why wasn't he interested in ultimately pursuing traditional college?
- What is the best part of the apprenticeship in his opinion?
- What is something he'd change about the apprenticeship?
- What would Jake tell young people about pursuing a career in the trades?
- What should a first year apprentice expect when he or she gets started?
- What is his #1 tip for first year apprentices when they're on job sites?
- What types of equipment does Jake work on?
- How does climate control make modern life possible?
This episode is available on podcatchers everywhere. Please rate, review and subscribe.
For more information about American Mechanical Services, please visit their website.
For more information about Rocky Mountain Mechanical Contractors Association, please visit our website.