Tradeswork is the official podcast of the Rocky Mountain Mechanical Contractors Association, and airs on the 1st and 15th of each month. We highlight the good work of mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC/R contractors across Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, and South Dakota, share our recent research and studies, and unpack advocacy issues important to our members. We also discuss in depth the career path, earning potential and continuing education requirements of skilled trade jobs. You can learn more about us at: https://rmmca.org/
Monday May 15, 2023
Monday May 15, 2023
On this episode of Tradeswork: The Rocky Mountain Mechanical Contractors Association Podcast, we welcome George Sparks who has been the president & CEO of the Denver Museum of Nature & Science since November 2004. Sparks’ passion is public policy, particularly around science and education. He is a member of the Colorado Forum, Colorado Concern, and is on the boards of Colorado Education Initiative, Colorado Music Hall of Fame, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, and the Denver School of Science & Technology. Here are some of the questions you can expect to be answered on this episode:
- What was the journey that ultimately pointed George to the museum, which he has successfully led for 19 years?
- What role do the skilled trades play in preserving the massive collection of artifacts stored by the museum?
- Why does George have a profound passion for science and education?
- How can we continue to get people excited about careers in the skilled trades?
- What is the most surprising thing people could discover about the museum? (This answer is a doozy)
- How does George view DMNS's place in the overall tapestry of the City of Denver?
- Why is George so active in so many nonprofits and civic organizations throughout the city?
This episode is available on podcatchers everywhere. Please rate, review and subscribe.
For more information about the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, please visit their website.
For more information about Rocky Mountain Mechanical Contractors Association, please visit our website.