On this episode of Tradeswork: The Rocky Mountain Mechanical Contractors Association Podcast, we welcome Brittney Alvarado, an electrical apprentice with IBEW Local Union 68. For more than 120 years, Journeyman and Apprentice Electricians of IBEW Local 68 have helped the counties of Adams, Arapahoe , Boulder, Broomfield , Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, Gilpin, Jefferson, Lake, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Grand, Jackson, Weld and Yuma as well as their surrounding areas, grow and prosper. They have provided superior and safe electrical construction and maintenance work that has allowed this region’s residences, communities, and businesses to thrive and continue to maintain their vision for the future. Here are some of the questions you can expect to be answered on the show:
- What led to Brittney choosing electrical apprenticeship over the other trades?
- What does she like best about her apprenticeship? What would she change if she could?
- Does she plan to focus more on commercial work, or on residential work?
- What are the misconceptions from people about electrical work?
- What would she tell young women considering a career in the trades?
- What impact does her work ultimately have on the community? What would she like it to?
This episode is available on podcatchers everywhere. Please rate, review and subscribe.
For more information about IBEW Local Union 68, please visit their website.
For more information about Rocky Mountain Mechanical Contractors Association, please visit our website.